Food Marketing > Nutrition Labeling
The FDA has prioritized reliable nutrition labeling of food products. The food and beverage industry has instituted front-of-package labeling systems to provide consumers with easily understood nutrition information when they are making purchasing decisions.
Rudd Center research demonstrates that the Multiple Traffic Light system used in the UK is more effective than voluntary systems from the food and beverage industry.
Research and resources
- The science on front-of-package food labels shows that that the Multiple Traffic Light system has most consistently helped consumers identify healthier products.
- Consumers better understand the Multiple Traffic Light system than the food and beverage industry's Facts Up Front system.
- Appearing briefly on products in 2009 in the United States, the Smart Choices label had little impact on behavior.
- Publications Database
- Food Marketing Pledges Database
- Policy Briefs and Reports
- Wellness School Assessment Tool
- Revenue Calculator for Sugary Drink Taxes
- Media Gallery
- Legislation Database
- Food Marketing FACTS Reports
- Newsletter Sign Up