Thank you for your interest in working for the Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity at the University of Connecticut. We are delighted to hear from talented individuals who want to progress their careers and make a difference.
Tenure-Track (Assistant Professor) Position at the University of Connecticut
The Department of Allied Health Sciences at the University of Connecticut invites applications for a tenure-track faculty member (60% research, 40% teaching) at the rank of Assistant Professor with an expected start date of August 23, 2019.
Duties and Responsiblities:
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the research and scholarship mission of the University through extramural funding, high-quality publications and national/international recognition. In the area of teaching, the successful candidate will share a deep commitment to effective instruction and advising/mentoring at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the Department’s curriculum through teaching of existing courses and/or development of new and innovative courses.
- A doctoral degree in a relevant discipline, including (but not limited to) social sciences, behavioral science, public health, social work, public policy or health sciences
- A record of research scholarship in health disparities as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications
- Evidence of successful collaborations with researchers in one or more disciplines external to their own
- Demonstrated excellent skills in oral and written communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity through teaching and research
- Demonstrated successful partnerships and/or engagement with disadvantaged populations through research
- Postdoctoral research experience
- Potential for inter-disciplinary collaborations with multiple departmental faculty
- Evidence of promise as an independent investigator through extramural grant funding and/or submitted grant applications
- Potential to supervise graduate and/or undergraduate student research and attract students from under-represented populations
- Potential to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in topics addressing health disparities
To apply and learn more, visit https://alliedhealth.uconn.edu/postion-health-disparities-research/.
Please note that the above job opening is in the Department of Allied Health Sciences, University of Connecticut.
There are currently no job opportunities available at the Rudd Center. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities as they become available, please submit your resume to our general candidate database. Your resume will remain on file for one year.
- Publications Database
- Rudd Center Collaborators
- Policy Briefs and Reports
- Wellness School Assessment Tool
- Revenue Calculator for Sugary Drink Taxes
- Media Gallery
- Legislation Database
- Food Marketing FACTS Reports
- Newsletter Sign Up
- NEW! CACFP Nutrition Standards